Wall mount MS125

SOLVED
harmankardon
Getting noticed

Wall mount MS125

Has anyone wall mounted Meraki switches with the integrated rack mount brackets (MS125 for example) recently and if so, how did you do it?

I saw this thread from a few years ago: https://community.meraki.com/t5/Switching/Suggestions-for-Wall-Mounting-MS120-24-48/m-p/32127?search...

Wondering if anyone has come up with anything since then.

Would like to avoid installing them with the ports facing upwards. Has anyone tried rotating one of those vertical wall mount racks 90 degrees?

Edit: To clarify, I am talking about rotating the vertical rack 90 degrees so the switch ports are facing the left or right, and not up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't seen an upside install yet where the ports are facing down.

However I have seen wall closets where the 90degree angled 1U - 3U bracks are placed sideways so your switch has the powercord on the left and the ports on the right.  I believe this is the best solution since all larger intakes are on the side.  Only the very small round holes are vertical.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I cant see why the bracket wouldn't work upside down I would just be sure you are using good fixings and are mounting to a solid surface. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't seen an upside install yet where the ports are facing down.

However I have seen wall closets where the 90degree angled 1U - 3U bracks are placed sideways so your switch has the powercord on the left and the ports on the right.  I believe this is the best solution since all larger intakes are on the side.  Only the very small round holes are vertical.

This is what I am hoping to do. I don't suppose you have any pictures of this setup? In that setup, all of the fasteners (rack to wall, switch to rack) would be on the right side, wonder if a simple L bracket for the bottom edge of the switch to sit on would help with any imbalance.

Figured I would follow-up to say this is what I did and it worked out great. I used a StarTech 3U 19in vertical wall mount (RK319WALLV) placed sideways so the switch ports are on the right. Feels sturdy and didn't feel the need to add any additional brackets.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels