VLAN mismatch on edge switch - Design issue?

Solved
MSakr
Getting noticed

VLAN mismatch on edge switch - Design issue?

Hi All

After adding an MX to our Network, our edge switch stack is showing VLAN mismatch warning between the switch uplink configured on an inside VLAN and used for the switch IP configuration and communication with the dashboard and the edge VLAN needed for our edge appliances (MXs) communication with the ISP equipment.. 

How to solve such an issue, knowing that we cannot assign a public IP for the Edge switches due to lack of available public IPs and mostly even if we had these, for security..

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you validated whether the native vlan defined on the trunk ports is the same as the one defined for the switch management?

You can also open a support case or call them directly.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you validated whether the native vlan defined on the trunk ports is the same as the one defined for the switch management?

You can also open a support case or call them directly.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
MSakr
Getting noticed

Hi

Strange that the error message doesn't appear all the time, now it disappeared.. 

The Edge VLAN connections are set as access ports.. only the internal management port is set as trunk with a default native VLAN 1 (not set anywhere) but will allow all VLAns

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You should check if there are multiple downstream connections coming from your MX downstream to the switches.
Since the MX just forwards any BPDU or CDP/LLDP message you could run into an issue where another device on a different vlan or with a different trunk port config is reaching your switch this way and then the MS will complain about VLAN mismatch.

MSakr
Getting noticed

UPD: After reaching out to Meraki support, they mentionned this is a normal temporary behaviour after POST 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels