Update SNMP Community String across all networks

AJ-Acevedo
Here to help

Update SNMP Community String across all networks

I'm looking to update the SNMP v2c community string on all of the devices in an Organization spanning several networks. Is there a way to update SNMP across all networks? I can only find a way to update SNMP manually under each individual network.

With dozens of networks under a single Organization this is a very tedious process. Hopefully there is an easier way.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Welcome to the dashboard API! I recommend Python for this but eh, you can use PowerShell too.

1) Use "List the organizations a user has privileges on" to get your org ID.

2) Use "List the networks in an organization" to build a list of network IDs.

3) Loop through each item on that list. Feed the network ID into "Update the SNMP settings for a network", alongside a JSON block with your SNMP settings.

As mentioned in my original post, I am aware I can manually update the SNMP string on each network manually. I’m looking for a way to bulk update all networks simultaneously.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

What I described is a way to bulk update, via scripting. Meraki's designed so that a lot of bulk changes are executed by the Dashboard API. Partly, I think, so someone can't bork up an entire organization's networks at once with a misclick.

It's a fairly simple script to dash off if you're familiar with interacting with an API and feeding data into a for-loop. In this case, you want a list of your network IDs and a variable with the JSON for your desired SNMP settings.

Even if you're not familiar, if you've got some programming experience, it should be relatively quick to pick up.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels