Unable Connect Meraki Dashboard

Dhimz
Comes here often

Unable Connect Meraki Dashboard

Hello Team,

currently we have 2 MX450 and 2 switch MS410-32.

• first switch : MS410-32 Production Switch and working properly.
  • second switch : MS410-32 New Switch
  • first MX is Active
  • second MX is Standby

The MS410 production switch is implemented as core switch, we want to stack this with new MS410.

Weekend of last week we trying to create this condition with physical stack and following this guide https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Stacking/Switch_Stacks.

We planned the Core switch stack so downlink to distribution switch can configure as active-standby link. MX configured as HA, this why we planned to stack the core for redundancy purposes.

The topology should look like this.

Dhimz_2-1616393067281.png

The new switch have upgraded to latest stable version same as version of production switch. we don't configure anything except hostname, IP Address (DHCP), VLAN and uplink port just for reach the internet via server farm environment. After upgrade the firmware, we turn off the all switchs (MS410) then plug the physical stack cable create a ring topology, connect the uplink (here, it should look like the topology but we didn't, we followed the guide anyway) and power on the switch. when we powered on the switch, first switch can connect to dashboard but the second switch can't connect to dashboard. at Switches > Monitor > Switch Stacks, potentials stack was not found and then try to configure stack manually but still nothing happened.

Wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue, and there's maybe something I've missed?

is configured the vlan or anything make the stack member can't connect to dashboard?

should i try give internet connection the second switch ?

5 REPLIES 5
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

After bringing up the stack, how long did you wait? How did you verify the Cloud Connectivity? Did you check the colors of the LEDs on the switch?

Sometimes, my experience is that the switch will report Unable to Connect in the dashboard, eventhough it is in fact conencted. Usually it's due to some caching going on, either directly in your local browser, or at the Meraki End.
LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

i think we wait about 10 to 20 minutes at first attempt create stack and 30 to 40 minutes at second attempt.

we verify the connectivity via led state and the led state at first switch is solid white and second switch is solid orange.

at dashboard the switch report is "Unreachable ..."

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

MAC adress filter?

DHCP scope full?

After stacking, only used a single Uplink for the whole stack?

Or did you use 2 Uplinks?

Any vlan settings on any of the ports you used?

Did you try to use another port for the uplink?

Dhimz
Comes here often

MAC adress filter? --> nope, no MAC Address filter there.

DHCP scope full? --> DHCP just for reach internet via vlan data. for management switch using static ip address

After stacking, only used a single Uplink for the whole stack? --> yeps, only use single uplink.

Or did you use 2 Uplinks? --> no, i dont. only use 1 uplink after stack the ms410

Any vlan settings on any of the ports you used? --> port 32 with access vlan 32 for getting dhcp ip address and then the new switch can reach internet.

Did you try to use another port for the uplink? --> not yet, maybe i will try this next attempt.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

hm, maybe you have to reset the not working switch to factory defaults and get it online directly to a internetconnection again.

And you then leave it for a couple of hours. Further more you can get in touch with support to verify all is fine, after reset and keeping it online some hours as they can see more details in their dashboard.

Had the quite similar problem and the Meraki SE saw more details and told me I plugged the switch off too fast (~45min). But he also said 30-45min is normally the maximum time range to do its initial update.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels