UPNP Blocking?

SOLVED
PatrickSmalley
Conversationalist

UPNP Blocking?

Hello, 

I have quite a few UPNP devices that broadcast and auto-discover each other automatically. When I moved everything over to my new Meraki switches, all of the UPNP traffic worked for a short time (several hours) then stopped working. 

I know that my primary UPNP server is still working as I can query it from my other VMs on the same host, I can see that all standard traffic is still being broadcast across the VMWare vSwitch; beyond this, nothing.

Is there any way to confirm, in logs or events, that this traffic is being actively blocked?

--I looked through all logs and events and don't see anything.

Is there any way to white-list this behavior if the Meraki equipment is blocking it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I had "IGMP snooping" and "Flood unknown multicast traffic" set to enabled. 

After playing with the settings, and disabling "IGMP snooping" on both of my Meraki switches, the UPNP traffic started reaching the rest of my network.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you got multicast snooping enabled on your switches?  Which firmware version are you using on your switches?

I had "IGMP snooping" and "Flood unknown multicast traffic" set to enabled. 

After playing with the settings, and disabling "IGMP snooping" on both of my Meraki switches, the UPNP traffic started reaching the rest of my network.

Thanks!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels