Switchport Change Alerts

Stiddy
Conversationalist

Switchport Change Alerts

We multiple admins within our organization whom can change switchport configurations. We have setup email alerts to go to a shared mailbox every time a setting is modified on a switchport. When we receive this notification it has always said the users Meraki Dashboard login information and has always. I noticed that sometime in the beginning of the year these alerts no longer contain the information about the user that made the change. How do I get this to work again?

6 Replies 6
Crocker
Building a reputation

I've noticed the same thing. The change alerts for devices still identify the admin that made the change, but change alerts for MS (at least, for MS120 series which is all we've got) devices do not. 

Going back through our change alert e-mail history, changes on MS devices identified the admin up till at least 12/14/21. There's a 14-day gap where we didn't make any switch changes, and then the next change alert was on 12/31/21 which does not identify the admin. All change alerts after this point do not identify the admin responsible for the change.

Edit: Reviewed the Organization -> Change Log entries, these do still identify the admin responsible, so the information is at least available. Would be nice to have it back in the change alert e-mails though.

Stiddy
Conversationalist

Glad to hear and I'm not losing my mind. I do see where like you mentioned i can go through the change logs but it would be nice to have it back in the emails, i agree. Thanks for looking. 

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would open a support ticket. I suspect Meraki has made some changes which have caused the issue you are both seeing. 

Crocker
Building a reputation

Got one opened not long after my post. Support is running some examples up to the Devs, will follow-up if/when they provide more info.

Crocker
Building a reputation

Support got back to me, Development confirmed this is a bug they're aware of and actively working on. No timeframe was provided but we can expect it to be fixed at some point.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't answer the answer.

My guess; I know there has been a security review of many things.

Also the current legal environment makes sending personally identifiable information in many countries awkward.

I could see login information having been removed from in-secure email for security reasons.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels