Switch port "Last Status Change" report?

Solved
aml
Here to help

Switch port "Last Status Change" report?

Is it possible to quickly view when the status of a switch port last changed for disconnected ports?

I want to be able to compare this with the switch uptime to identify what ports have not had any activity since the switch was last started?

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you click on a switchport, you will be able to see the historical status of the port in a little bar.

Hovering over it will show you when it transitioned into different states.

Brash_0-1728511469760.png

One thing to note is that by default, the historical data shown will be from the last 24 hours.

You need to change the dropdown to select longer time periods (up to 30 days)

Brash_1-1728511545825.png

For anything longer than 30 days, you'll need a 3rd party monitoring tool that can pull and store historical data or event logs from the switch.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you click on a switchport, you will be able to see the historical status of the port in a little bar.

Hovering over it will show you when it transitioned into different states.

Brash_0-1728511469760.png

One thing to note is that by default, the historical data shown will be from the last 24 hours.

You need to change the dropdown to select longer time periods (up to 30 days)

Brash_1-1728511545825.png

For anything longer than 30 days, you'll need a 3rd party monitoring tool that can pull and store historical data or event logs from the switch.

aml
Here to help

Thanks @Brash - I've seen that before but I'm not convinced it provides the detail I'm after, but I'll have another look.

I was hoping for something that showed when the port status last changed so I could compare that with the switch boot time, so looks like I'll need a 3rd party monitoring tool.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No problems.

I should also note that you can technically also get this information from the switch's event log which (from memory) carries 3 months of data.

I guess if you send the logging to a syslog server you could technically also track the historical port transitions through that too.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels