Switch Port Mode

Solved
Raji
Here to help

Switch Port Mode

Hi Folks,

Alcatel-Lucent Model 7210SAS-d that the Sonicwall is plugged into (WAN) and Sonic Wall ( X2 configured DHCP ) from the port X2 to connecting Port 1 of Meraki MS210-48FP . Pls adivse what type of mode we can use in the port config like " Access or Truck ". Currently Switch is having Native VLAN 1 & Voice VLAN 100. Rest of the ports configured as Access only just wanted to know Port 1 config mode ( Access or Trunk ).

1 Accepted Solution

But, if you don't need extende the VLAN you can configure it as access.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It will depend what you need. If you need extend the VLANs to the Sonicwall the port have to be configured as Trunk, If not you can configure as Access port.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Not an idea to extend the VLANs, Its like Daisy Chain model Switch to Phone and Phone to Computer only. What mode actually preferred Access or Truck. Pls advise. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You need to provide more informations, do you have a topology? It's not enough to take some advice.

Raji
Here to help

If the uplink port leave it as Trunk ( Port 1 of the Switch ), Will it create any problem in future ?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think you need study about port configuration, look at this.

https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus5000/sw/configuration/nxos/Cisco_Nexus_500...

But, if you don't need extende the VLAN you can configure it as access.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels