Switch Embedded Teaming with Meraki

Trust
Comes here often

Switch Embedded Teaming with Meraki

Hello all,
I have a question.
So far I have set up Nic-Teaming on my Windows servers based on LBFO.
I have aggregated ports on two Meraki switches and let the server communicate via LACP.

With Windows 2022, Switch Embedded Teaming is the favored technology.
However, Switch Embedded Teaming does not support LACP. Of course, I can enable LBFO Teaming via Powershell, but I would like to use Switch Embedded Teaming.

How do I have to configure the Meraki switches to use Switch Embedded Teaming correctly?

Thank you

7 Replies 7
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe LACP/Dynamic is the correct setting for the Meraki Switch.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Thank you for the quick reply.
Windows Server 2022 with Switch embedded Teaming does not support LACP.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe It can help you:

https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/2358178-windows-server-2022-hyper-v-switch-embedded-teaming-w...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Trust
Comes here often

Solved it. Meraki regulates this automatically as soon as the opposite side is correct.

Trust
Comes here often

Unfortunately, it doesn't work straightforwardly. As soon as I have a solution, I will post it here.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It looks like you need static rather than dynamic and I don't think Meraki supports this.  I'd ask support.

SeniorFeet
Comes here often

Any updates on this? I'm trying to connect my Hyper-V Cluster using SET to Cisco aggregate ports and no way to configure the mode to LACP like you can with LBFO on windows server.  I've found with LBFO, if it's not set to LACP then the Meraki disables one of the ports due to LACP incompatibility.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels