Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch on C9300X

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch on C9300X

Hey

For the first time, I have this 9300X stack in Meraki Persona, that I'm working with on a customer case.

I'm seeing "Source IP and/or VLAN mismatch" in the Event Log about every 30 minutes on the clock, and for the life of me, I cannot seem to understand where it is coming from.

rhbirkelund_0-1724996661123.png

The switch is a member of a 2 member stack, where both MX'es in HA go into each member on port 24. The Mac address in the event log matches that of the interface mac of port 24 on the 9300X.

All ports on the 9300X stack are trunk, and are all trunking the exact same vlans. (Weird limitation btw to only support up to 1000 vlans in total, and they all have to be changed at once, in order to use vlans outside of 1-1000....)

The only other device connected to the stack is a MS255 switch on port 1 on Momber 1 only. This port is also trunk, and they match in both ends.

rhbirkelund_1-1724996958261.pngrhbirkelund_2-1724997021458.png

rhbirkelund_3-1724997479166.png

All switches and APs are management in Vlan 1, which is native. The MX is also default with VLan 1 native, and allowed all.

I can simply not grasp why I am getting a mismatch on Vlan 1 and 1023, according to the event log. There are no clients - wired or wireless - connected, and nothing that refers to Vlan 1023.

The only Meraki devices I have online is a pair of MX450, C9300X stacked, a MS225 and a CW9164, daisy chained all the way through.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
2 Replies 2
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Who is 10.45.0.2? Have you tried a packet capture to see what is happening?

My typical occurences of this error is when I have some suboptimal routing where traffic from the firewall is sent to the switch and directly back to the firewall.

10.45.0.2 is the management address of the C9300X stack on Vlan 1.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels