Silly question for Switch Connection

GIB_NW
Here to help

Silly question for Switch Connection

Today's silly question 🙂

How long will Meraki's switch continue to work/function if they lose connection to the dashboard/cloud?
I know they are good for a few hours as we have lost Internet connection for a few hours

What happens if it loses it for Days ? or permanently - will it stop processing port traffic etc?

Thanks

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The following link describes what happens for each different product line.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Behavior_during_Conne...

If the config is safe (see link for further detail), then it will continue to run until next reboot.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They should keep working but I have had instances in the past where devices lost internet connection and just fell over. 

GIB_NW
Here to help

Thanks For the info :)- I think it was i made changes and then disabled teh uplink port before it could "save" config properly ..

This is why safe config exists;   if you make a change that causes the device to lose contact with Dashboard (so you can't fix it yourself), the device will choose to revert to the stored safe config, in the hope of restoring Dashboard connectivity.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels