SFP-10g-SR-S Compatibility with Meraki Switches

fdharmawan
New here

SFP-10g-SR-S Compatibility with Meraki Switches

Hi Guys,

Currently I am planning to refresh my network to Meraki. My current deployment is using Cisco 3850 and using SFP-10g-SR-S for the SFP. I did some googling, the Meraki SFP has kind of different code on their SFP, like MA-SFP-1GB-SX and MA-SFP-10GB-SR.

My question is, will my current SFP (SFP-10g-SR-S) compatible with the Meraki switches? I know that Meraki is owned by Cisco as well, but well you know, maybe there are some limitations that I do not aware of. Thank you.

2 Replies 2
Shubh3738
Building a reputation

Yes, the SFP-10G-SR-S is compatible with many Cisco Meraki switches that support 10G connections. It’s a short-range transceiver used for 10G speeds over fiber cables, typically up to 300 meters. Just make sure your specific Meraki switch supports 10G SFP+ modules, and you should be good to go!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Going sideways; the 3850 series is about a 10 year old series of switches.  You probably bought the optics when you got your 3850s.

Do you really want to re-use 10 year old IT equipment?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels