Redundant power load balance?

SOLVED
DAIDAI
Here to help

Redundant power load balance?

Hi,

Sorry for basic question.

I have MS350 with redundant power module.Both modules are connected to power source.

Are primary and second modules provide power to device in normal state for load balance?

Or Is second module off in normal state(And when primary is fail, second is up?)

regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

With the 10.x firmware the second power supply is used for failover.

I believe the 11.x beta firmware lets you choose to have either load balancing or failover - but I have never tried it myself.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

With the 10.x firmware the second power supply is used for failover.

I believe the 11.x beta firmware lets you choose to have either load balancing or failover - but I have never tried it myself.

MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@PhilipDAth is correct and I have tried it, works great.  With MS11 firmware you can run dual power supplies on your MS350 in combined mode to double the PoE budget.  You can go to Switch > Configure > Switch Settings and set a default for all capable switches in the network to default to redundant power or combined power.  And then you can set custom lists of switches that will always use redundant power and/or always use combined power to override any defaults.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels