QOS DSCP

Solved
dmiss
Getting noticed

QOS DSCP

Our security cameras are default CS0(shows as such in wireshark). I set in switch settings to change any UDP traffic on our camera vlan to DSCP 34, but I'm not seeing the change reflected in wireshark. Would I? If there is no congestion, would the new DSCP tag not show?

1 Accepted Solution
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Switch-QoS is independent of any load. It should re-mark the traffic if configured correctly. Can you show a screenshot? And where did you capture? It has to be on the outgoing port of the first switch or more upstream.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Switch-QoS is independent of any load. It should re-mark the traffic if configured correctly. Can you show a screenshot? And where did you capture? It has to be on the outgoing port of the first switch or more upstream.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not of the impression that re-marking is based on load.  I think it happens permanently.  But I do agree - you'll need to check it on the outgoing port.

dmiss
Getting noticed

That was it! I was running the packet capture on the switchport the camera was connecting to. Once I ran a capture on my first switch outgoing port, all the specific traffic is showing the new DSCP. Thank you for the quick help on this!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels