Problem with a MS210stack

Telkea
New here

Problem with a MS210stack

Hello dear support,

I have a problem with a stacking of 2 switchs MS210, the configuration and cabling is ok,

Telkea_0-1672753158425.png

I can see my two switch in the stack :

Telkea_1-1672753198756.png

Have you got an idea on this problem,

Thanks in advance,

Best regards

7 REPLIES 7
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If there are no clients connected, the fastest way to get to a working stack is likely to factory reset the switches and build the stack again following exactly the instructions (like when to switch on the switches).

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Stacking/Switch_Stacks#Configuring_a_Physical_Switch_Stack

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it is a recent configuration wait a while, this happened to me too, but after a while it updated the information on the dashboard.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Telkea
New here

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately I already tried to rebuild the stack but still the same problem... very strange
KRobert
Head in the Cloud

I had the same issue when setting up my switch stacks. To resolve, I had to shutdown all of the switches in my stack until the status messaged changed to down or not connected. Give it a good 10 minutes and the dashboard should switch to that message. After that message shows up, power on all switches in the stack and it should come back up without an issue and connected successfully. 

CMNO, CCNA R+S
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm with @alemabrahao .  Don't do anything to try and fix until the switches have been online for at least two hours.  The dashboard is slow to update this warning when the configuration is correct.

Otherwise (if you don't want to wait) I back @KRobert - a complete power down and back up again usually updates the dashboard.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

ps. I usually try and provision new switches 24 hours in advance on a test bench before putting them into production, as no one likes seeing these errors when they are installing new kit.

KRobert
Head in the Cloud

We just replaced 3 switch stacks about 4 months ago and I figured this issue out early on 😁 If your maintenance window allows you to wait, I agree with @alemabrahao and @PhilipDAth. If you don't (like we didn't) the power cycle and wait will do the trick. 

CMNO, CCNA R+S
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels