Meraki MS-225 Switch is not coming online in Meraki Cloud.

KarthickRR
New here

Meraki MS-225 Switch is not coming online in Meraki Cloud.

Hi all,

I'm trying bring 2 Switches online in Meraki Cloud but stuck here, these switches  were in the Network of YYY  & Unused for past few months with valid license, we are trying to move these switches to another Network which is part of same dashboard.

Tried following steps, however no luck

Scenario 1 : We moved the Switch to another Network from YYY Network & Factory Reset to Default settings & connected Uplink with internet connection, Observation : the switch is getting IP from Relevant Vlan & reaching meraki cloud but in few seconds it is pulling the old configuration from Meraki cloud.
Scenario 2 : we have removed the device from the YYY Network & added into another Network Factory Reset done and connected uplink with internet connection Observation : the switch is getting IP from Relevant Vlan & reaching meraki cloud but in few seconds it is pulling the old configuration from meraki cloud.
Scenario 3: we unclaimed the device from inventory & Reclaimed & added the switch into  Network, Factory Reset done & Connected an uplink with internet Observation : the switch is getting IP from Relevant Vlan & reaching meraki cloud but in few seconds it is pulling the old configuration from meraki cloud.
Note : When we Reset the device to Factory Default settings we are able to login to the Switch's Management page by using Serial Number & empty password however once the switch is communicated to meraki cloud we are not able to login with Switch local Management page with default login credential instead we are able to login with the existing credential of other devices which is online in Meraki Cloud. & found that the Switch Name is also changing as New-Network Switch from N/A after the factory default reset.

Thanks in advance 

Karthick R 

6 Replies 6
Jim_Liang
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

What do you mean by "pulling the old configuration from Meraki cloud"?

Since you mentioned that the device can be online, I assume the cloud check-in was fine.

then it's mainly the switch configuration on the cloud, which you can log in to Meraki cloud with your account and current those configurations as per your needs.

Lastly, if you have changed the default local device login credentials on the cloud, after the cloud check-in, your switch would for sure use the new configuration, instead of the default one (serial as username, empty as pwd)

as i have mentioned earlier these devices were working in different  network under the same dashboard & now we are moving this switch into another network  & trying to bring it online but the switch is not coming online in Meraki cloud.

the moment when we Reset this Switch to Factory Default settings we are able to login to the switch with default credential ( S/N) & the Switch name is mentioned as N/A, but once we connect the uplink with internet connection to the switch, Switch name is changing as YYY Switch & we are not able to login with the default credential but we are able to connect by using the same username & password we are using for other switches in the particular Network (YYY).

This is meaning that the switch is communicating to Meraki Cloud & it is taking that particular network's configuration but the switch is not coming online in the meraki cloud & we are not able to manage that particular switch on meraki dashboard.  

I think you have to open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

@alemabrahao already we have opened a support case but no use of it. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try the below in case you have a firewall issue:

1. Remove switch from existing network so it sits in inventory with no network assigned
  2. physically connect switch directly to internet (you may need t set management IP manually) so that no firewall is blocking access
  3. reset switch
  4. add to new network and configure management port
  5. physically move switch to where it should be connected

Hopefully that will isolate where the problem is occurring

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I see the switch linked in the Support case is now online as of the last few hours. So, I assume this is all sorted out now?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels