Port Profile Bugs

Solved
Dunky
A model citizen

Port Profile Bugs

I started to implement these today but have given up as they appear too 'buggy' to me.

I set the port profile as below, note the STP Guard setting

Dunky_4-1691058042824.png

However when comparing once its been applied to a port, the STP Guard shows as "n/a" as shown below:

Dunky_2-1691057712692.png

Also, if you edit a port and disable the port profile, it still shows up when viewing switch ports:

Dunky_3-1691057962270.png

Also, the profile will not let you have a blank Native VLAN which the port itself does

Furthermore, even if you disable the port profile on the ports, when you then edit the port profile, it says it will be applied to 'n' ports.

So I will park it until these anomalies are fixed

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You can open a case. But I will say I've already confirmed with MS PM these things are already known and being worked on. So a case isn't going to really help much in this instance.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Done

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You can open a case. But I will say I've already confirmed with MS PM these things are already known and being worked on. So a case isn't going to really help much in this instance.

OK, thanks Ryan.  Seems it was released a little prematurely 🙂

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I also noticed no support for port-security in the port-profiles setting.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels