Port Mirroring

ItsDNS
New here

Port Mirroring

I have a security appliance that uses port mirroring. I setup the port mirror and then am unable to access the appliance connected to the destination port. Can not see why I would not be able to access the device, is there some configuration that I missed when setting up the mirror?

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are tou trying to access the security appliance  using another port? Or using the mirror port?

Using the mirror port.

I have this setup on another LAN with a non Meraki switch and the appliance on the destination port and can access the appliance. Is this a limitation on the Meraki?

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Afaik on most verdors a mirror port only send data.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Packet_Captures_and_Port_Mirroring_on_t...

"Note: Clients connected to a destination port of a port mirror will not have network connectivity, as the destination port will not serve clients."

Thanks WW, a little disappointing but at least breaking and remaking the mirror is a quick job.

Dunky
A model citizen

Had the exact same issue at a site moving from an HP/Aruba switch to a Ubiquiti (let me just wash my mouth out!).

The device was accessible when on the HP/Aruba switch, but not once moved over to the Ubiquiti.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels