Phone Problem

SOLVED
athan1234
Building a reputation

Phone Problem

Dear all:

A customer of mine is having trouble with Phone IP.
Works well, three days ago.
The clients inform me that just two of the phones I try to use function.

I'm noticing unusual occurrences that I can't explain.

On this switch on port 1 i see a router conection   i dont hace acces to this route

Vlan voice 21 10.229.21.0/24

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

///////////////////

is the problem i meraki side or router client  side ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's why I'm telling you to review the router configuration. It's a basic tshoot. You need to check the port configuration on the router, the SVIs, etc.

Start with the basics.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the router have more than one SVI? Have you confirmed that the MAC addresses are the same for both routers discovered via CDP?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Also check you network topology:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Network_Topology

athan1234
Building a reputation

Hi @alemabrahao 

How is it feasible that vlans 99 and 21 have identical voz ranges?

Is it possible that this router has two vlan 99 configured with the same ip range as vlan 21?

athan1234_0-1671130830533.png

athan1234_1-1671130890951.png

athan1234_2-1671131558789.png

Technically you shouldn't be able to configure the same subnet address for different VLANs, but it is a possibility, It would be good to access the Router to validate the settings.

athan1234
Building a reputation

May be same getway ????

I suggest you ask your customer to access the router and check the configurations. There is nothing that you can do on Meraki's side.

athan1234
Building a reputation

I asked him for the configuration, but he refuses to provide it to me since it would compromise internal security. Instead, he tells me what I need to know and offers to send it to me.
For you, the issue would be that this router has two vlans, 99 and 21, both of which share the same IP range

You cannot create different VLANs with the same subnet IP address, but you can configure a secondary IP address. But the best option is to review the router configuration. Perhaps the router could be receiving it via DHCP? well, I think he should trust you, but it's his choice.

athan1234
Building a reputation

Thank you.
But this same hostname CDP is beyond my comprehension different mac address . Maybe they puted for mistake the same hostname to the routers

athan1234_0-1671133379753.png

and  seems the vlan 1 is native with vlan voice getway . How it is possible ?

athan1234_1-1671133611171.png

athan1234_2-1671133741589.png

It's why I'm telling you to review the router configuration. It's a basic tshoot. You need to check the port configuration on the router, the SVIs, etc.

Start with the basics.

athan1234
Building a reputation

ok , Tomorrow  I will  able to check it

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels