POE consumption

TomasB
Here to help

POE consumption

Hi, I have a question regarding MS1XX switches and POE usage.

In this case we have lot of POE AP's and POE cameras connected to a switch.

What will happen with the switch when it reach the limit of 370w? Will it reboot or shutdown ports?

TomasB_0-1726039384862.png

2 Replies 2
SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi TomasB,

The devices connected to the switch ports will continue to be powered until total power consumption goes over the available amount of power.

In this case the lowest port numbers take precedence and power will be pulled from the highest ports thus denying them power.

Please take a look at this PoE Support on MS Switches.(PoE Power Budgeting section)

BR

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.
SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

@TomasB, If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels