MA-QSFP-40G-SR4 on MS225-48P

TimRobberechts
New here

MA-QSFP-40G-SR4 on MS225-48P

Hi,

I've got a customer that wants to stack a few M225-48P, but instead of using the 40GB DAC cables, he wants it to be a QSFP + FC cable connection.

And when checking the Meraki SFP datasheet and the Cisco SFP compatibility matrix, both show no compatibility between MA-QSFP-40G-SR4 and the MS225.

Is this correct or am I missing some info?

2 Replies 2
SamerAl
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @TimRobberechts ,

This is right, The Cisco Meraki MS225 series switches do not support 40G QSFP+ transceivers, including the MA-QSFP-40G-SR4. The MS225 series switches are designed to support 1G and 10G SFP/SFP+ transceivers.

For 40G connectivity, you would need to look at other Cisco Meraki switch models that support QSFP+ ports, such as the MS425, MS390 and other models mentioned in this article.

BR

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It can be deceiving that the stacking ports of an MS switch are in fact QSFP+ ports.  But I believe the software will not allow a link to form.  Correct me if someone has actually tried that with succes.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels