No Access Policies with switching port profiles?

Solved
ToryDav
Building a reputation

No Access Policies with switching port profiles?

I wanted to set stick mac allow list access policy on my port profile, however, there isn't any option to do so in the drop down.

Is this not supported? It seems I may have to remove the port profiles to enable the policy.

ToryDav_0-1701364361331.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct, not supported today.

I would assume it's because switch port profiles are meant for bulk port config with similar configurations. Configuring multiple ports for a MAC allow list would not be recommended nor probably a reasonable config (meaning the same MAC wouldn't be seen on multiple ports).

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As far I know it's no supported.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

@Ryan_Miles ??

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Correct, not supported today.

I would assume it's because switch port profiles are meant for bulk port config with similar configurations. Configuring multiple ports for a MAC allow list would not be recommended nor probably a reasonable config (meaning the same MAC wouldn't be seen on multiple ports).

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

OP probably wants to configure an Access Policy with his configured radius servers. 

Note to myself :  Raphael you should probably learn to read properly before commenting 🙂 

That's supported today within the switch port profile

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 09.51.40.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Misread. My bad , you are right hes mentionning MAC allow list.

ToryDav
Building a reputation

Ah okay I get it, thanks for confirming. I would think stick mac allow list would make sense for being applied at the profile level since the mac allow list is learned, not specified, but I don't know how the configuration works behind the scenes so I can see there likely is a technical limitation preventing it from being possible.

Good to know! No MAC Allow or Sticky MAC allow on profiles. It would be nice if we could override the profile to set these on a port by port basis, but if it's one or the other, then the profiles have to go unfortunately. 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I understand this problem ... 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels