New MS 14.12 firmware, unexplained reboot and L3 issue upon reboot fixed

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MS 14.12 firmware, unexplained reboot and L3 issue upon reboot fixed

6 REPLIES 6
Mloraditch
Building a reputation

That reboot bug was killer. We had MS210/225 stacks that we needed the 14.5 fix for routing in and we deployed it and then we discovered the reboot bug. Not a fun time with those customers.

Have deployed 14.12 to two test sites and keeping my fingers crossed we've found the one ring...

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Mloraditch we had the exact same and had to revert to 12.32, I've upgraded one site so far and plan to do the others tomorrow. 🤞

Sabin
New here

I'm experiensing this same issue.  We just deployed 36 MS390's and have had 20%-40% ping loss on the management IP's.  The larger the stack, the worse the ping loss apears.  We are also experiencing issues with stacks losing access to the dashboard as described above. 

Has anyone seen any improvement if all L3 was moved off the MS390's?  I have a stack of 4 acting as a distribution/CORE.  However I have Palo Alto NGFW's that I could move all L3 functionality to.  That way all stacks will be L2 only, and the "CORE" becomes a distribution switch only.  

We have been considering this move anyway, if doing so could help mitigate some of these issues then it will be easier to push through change management. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Sabin I'd move the L3 off and upgrade to 15.9 as every release fixes MS390 issues and they are all beta for that model...  I would also make the stacks as small as is possible, no more than 4 at most.

Sabin
New here

@cmr - Thank you for the advise.  Have you moved L3 off with an improvement in stability? 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I haven't personally used any MS390s, but as they are very much still a work in progress, removing any feature is good for their stability.  There is another topic on here where what you are suggesting was done with a very similar setup and it did help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels