New Cloud Migration Process for C9300

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

New Cloud Migration Process for C9300

Quick Start Guide 
Getting Started 
FAQ 

tl;dr - Migration is built into latest versions of IOS-XE vs the process that previously existed and there is a dedicated team to help plan/validate that your system will work

Still no public ETAs on other C9X00 models.

2 REPLIES 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I hadn't realised that it destroys all existing configuration and leaves you with an out-of-the-box config.  That doesn't seem like much of a migration to me.  

Does anyone know how you migrate from a monitor mode to MS390 mode and does it still destroy all config, even though the dashboard already knows quite a lot of it?

dustinnewby
Here to help

I migrated a stack of 9300's in my lab and it was fairly simple, but it takes a long time for them to come up in a usable state to configure the management vlan and IP on the management port.  The switches rebooted multiple times over a couple of hours before they were finally stable. Going to be a pretty big maintenance window to upgrade to a supported image and then have several hours of downtime before you can even start configuring them.  

A few other issues to note.  There's no port profiles for the C9300's so you have to configure the ports currently.  The C9300's list a bunch of extra switchports that don't exist.  IE I have C9300UN's so it has the 48 ports, 2 stacking ports, and the NM-8X.  But the switchports configuration lists 48 ports, 2 Stack, 2 C3850-NM2-40G's, 4 C3850-NM4-10G's, 8 C3850-NM8-10G's, 2 C9300-NM-2Q's, 8 C9300-NM-8X's, 2 2x40G, 4 4x10G, and 8 8x10G ports.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels