Native VLAN Mismatch

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Native VLAN Mismatch

Just an FYI to the community.  It seems that ' Native VLAN Mismatch Alerts for Switches' feature that was recently released already has some bugs and is misreporting in some cases.  Thankfully it is just misreporting in the gui and it doesn't cause any operational issues. I have a ticket logged with support and will report back here when I hear more. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe we need a feature enhancement request instead of a bug report - accurate native VLAN mismatches.

I just went into a customer network and pretty much every single one of their switches is now reporting a native VLAN mismatch.  This site is using almost exclusively Meraki switches.  Every switch is configured for a native VLAN of 1 (aka the default).

Screenshot from 2018-09-11 09-27-58.png

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Gross. I just check my bigger networks and I don't have any switches reporting this that I can find. Thanks for the heads up though guys.

Asavoy
Building a reputation

Thanks!  I knew my settings weren't wrong.  I'm not sure much of the Meraki reporting feature are accurate.  I know none of their traffic graphs are accurate.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels