Monitoring Cisco 2300 RPS through MS210-48FP

Solved
nickh0820
Conversationalist

Monitoring Cisco 2300 RPS through MS210-48FP

Throughout our organization, we have stacks of MS210-48FP switches that are connected to a Cisco 2300 series RPS. To bring a switch back up on the correct power source, we have to contact local support and have them power cycle the RPS or reseat the cabling.

There are 2 issues. First, we are not receiving alerts from the switches themselves when they go on to RPS power. This may be an issue for Meraki support, but if anybody has any insight or experience with this, feel free to share. Second, we are interested in getting more visibility on the RPS itself, similar to the 2960 switch series. To take it a step further, we would like to get remote access to the RPS to handle cycling the outlets without contacting our center.

This may or may not be possible. The documentation for the 2300 series implies that it is a possibility with Meraki switches, but I have not been able to find conclusive evidence. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Only MS 220 is supported:

alemabrahao_0-1666968932834.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have no experience with Cisco 2300, but maybe it can help you:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15-2_4_e/con...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

And this:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Switching/Cisco-Redundant-Power-System-RPS2300-si/m-p/155489

Yeah I took a look at that, but it really only references Catalyst series switches. I found some documentation shown below that seems to imply that Meraki would support that functionality via GUI, but the trail kind of dies off there.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/redundant-power-system-2300/product_data_...

nickh0820_0-1666968265012.png

I'm wondering if we would have to start implementing API's to get that sort of control.

Only MS 220 is supported:

alemabrahao_0-1666968932834.png

Thank you.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is an alert for this under Network / Alerts in the Switching section:

cmr_0-1666978615821.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels