Brayden
Just browsing

Meraki bidi support

Do Meraki switches support 10GB MMF bidirectional transceivers 

1 Accepted Solution
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AFAIK BIDI is not used in 10 GB SFP's with Meraki but is actually more common for using a single pair of fiberstrands to form 40Gbps links instead of using the MPO12 that uses 8 fiberstrands.  Hence the QSFP-40G-SR-BD (BD stands for BiDi).

If you mean bidirectional link over a single strand like the BXD-I and -U that Cisco supports then no I don't see support for it in Meraki.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Brayden ,

You can find the whole list of supported SFPs in our documentation here

As far as I can see, it does include 10GB MMF SFPs.

Hope this helps!

Giac

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

If I recall, BIDI involves send and receive over the same fibre core.   I don't believe Meraki switches support this.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

AFAIK BIDI is not used in 10 GB SFP's with Meraki but is actually more common for using a single pair of fiberstrands to form 40Gbps links instead of using the MPO12 that uses 8 fiberstrands.  Hence the QSFP-40G-SR-BD (BD stands for BiDi).

If you mean bidirectional link over a single strand like the BXD-I and -U that Cisco supports then no I don't see support for it in Meraki.

andrew-w
Conversationalist

There are no modules officially supported on Meraki's SFP page, but I have some 10GTek 10GBase-BIDI links operating successfully.  This is SMF though, not sure if they also offer MMF solutions.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels