Monitor Meraki MS Switches in SolarWinds

NatwanTilembar
New here

Monitor Meraki MS Switches in SolarWinds

I'm hoping someone here can help me. My organization wants to look into monitoring our Meraki switches using SolarWinds, but I have not been able to find documentation on how to do this. What I have found through THWACK seems to only apply to the APs. We have Meraki APs as well, but want to go beyond that.

Anyone done this or have a link to some documentation on this process?

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I personally don't use Solarwinds, but from my understanding Solarwinds NPM has the capability to poll the Meraki Portal API to capture information about Meraki AP's. I'm assuming this is what you found on THWACK.

It looks like Meraki MX and MS devices are monitorable from Solarwinds via SNMP:
SNMP Polling Meraki Devices (NPM +12.0/11.0.1) - How To - Forum - Network Performance Monitor (NPM) ...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer, but I found this post on the SolarWinds support forum, and it seems pretty detailed.

https://thwack.solarwinds.com/product-forums/network-performance-monitor-npm/f/forum/61328/snmp-poll... 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels