Migrating from a Catalyst 2960 Series Switch to an MS130P

Solved
mcoomber
Here to help

Migrating from a Catalyst 2960 Series Switch to an MS130P

Present Scenario: 

I've got an MX84 SDWAN as the firewall and Default gateway. Connected to this is a Cisco 3945 ISR and a 3850 switch. 

• The 3945 ISR is configured to be the Call Manager and issues out DHCP to the Cisco Desk phones. Also connected and configured is an ISDN Module. 
  • There are two vlans. Data and Voice
  • The 3850 switch is configured as the backbone switch. Connected to this switch are five (5) 2960x Series switches. These switches connect the Access Points and LAN connections. 
  • The Access Points are configured via a Cisco 2500 WLAN Controller. 
  • There are nine (9) Access Points. Two (2) 3702I-A-K9 and seven (7) 1602I-C-K9
  • The 2960 switches have two ports configured as uplinks. 

Migration:

I am taking delivery of five (5) MS130-48P switches and nine (9) MR-44 access points. 

Questions:

1. Is it possible to have the MS130-48P switches as a call Manager? If possible how do I configure?
  2. Ideally, I will like to decommission the 3945 ISR, 3850 switch and the WLAN Controller. I will want the services transfer to either the MX84 SDWAN or the 130-48P switches. 

Your help questions and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks 

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to migrate the L3 gateways to the MX84.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>Is it possible to have the MS130-48P switches as a call Manager?

No.

> I will like to decommission the 3945 ISR, 3850 switch and the WLAN Controller

You can get rid of the WLAN controller.

As long as the 3850 is layer 2 only, or doing basic layer 3 (no dynamic routing protocols) you can get rid of it.

Cisco Meraki has no voice products.  You'll be keeping the 3945 ISR.

Thanks for your response.

The 3850 is configured for basic layer 3 switching. No dynamic routing protocols. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to migrate the L3 gateways to the MX84.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels