Mgmt VLAN Rollback for MS and MX

FXE
Comes here often

Mgmt VLAN Rollback for MS and MX

Hi Guys,

I am new in Meraki and I need to have a rollback plan if my MS loses connection to the cloud already?

Technically, I need to remove the "Native VLAN" configured in the MS uplink to my non-meraki firewall because my non-meraki firewall drops native VLAN traffic. The reason why I need to remove the native VLAN because currently the native VLAN is my mgmt VLAN as well.

In a worst case scenario, how to rollback the MS to bring back the native VLAN configuration in the trunk uplinks?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Well that design seems flawed, so I would look to fix how you have it setup so you do not have to worry about this in the future. Cloud connectivity shouldn't have any impact on production (from the LAN perspective). You just won't be able to configure things.

That being said, I think if you access the local status page you'll be able to do what you want I believe:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
FXE
Comes here often

Hi @NolanHerring , thanks for the feedback.

In the design of MX trunk link connected to the MS facing the LAN. Will the MX and MS will lose connection to the management VLAN and internet if I remove the native VLAN configuration in the trunk link?

Thanks

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe that if you make a change that results in the MS loosing connectivity to the cloud it will automatically roll the change back after about 10 minutes.  I can't find anything documenting this though.

However, I would personally make sure I had access to the local status page via an out of band method if I was contemplating something like this.

@PhilipDAth it's in here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Behavior_during_Conn... 

2 hours instead of 10 minutes I'm afraid. That said, before it completely rolls back it will try to access the cloud on the other known VLANs.

Nick
Head in the Cloud

This roll back does work well - as a client of mine found remotely working on a very remote site!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels