Meraki OSPF config

David666
Here to help

Meraki OSPF config

I have a question about how Meraki implements OSPF.  OSPF on other Cisco devices requires the routers and L3 core switch to have the same process ID to communicate.  I don't see this information anywhere in the Meraki device.  Where can I find or confirm this information?

4 Replies 4
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

OSPF Setup:

• Go to Security & SD-WAN or Switch > Routing in the Meraki dashboard to configure OSPF.
  • You’ll find OSPF settings for specifying the area, cost, and networks to advertise, but no explicit mention of the process ID.

In essence, Meraki simplifies OSPF configuration to reduce complexity for users, removing the need for manual process ID management. 

Enthusiast
David666
Here to help

The thing is, we are trying to troubleshoot why the MS390 cannot seem to reach our Cisco 4400 series WAN router via OSPF, and why the  router doesn't see any of the advertised routed from the MS390.  All settings appear to be correct, but some documentation on the Cisco indicates that the process ID needs to be the same on all the OSPF devices for this to work.  If Meraki doesn't use that, how can we ensure it works.

David666
Here to help

Never mind, I was incorrect on the Process ID information.  Please disregard.

MartinLL
Building a reputation

The Area number, type and timers must be the same between OSPF peers.

Meraki only supports the broadcast type peer. If someone has configured your peers OSPF interface as a point to point interface it must be changed to broadcast.

Otherwise just make sure that there is layer 2 and 3 reachability between the peers. Start by pinging the other side and see where that gets you.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels