Meraki MS125-48FP and Intel Killer E2600 NIC

OVERKILL
Building a reputation

Meraki MS125-48FP and Intel Killer E2600 NIC

Had an interesting one today:

Swapping out an old stack of Catalyst 2960S switches for a pair of Meraki MS125-48FP's (linked at 10Gbit with SFP+) at a client's and was moving over their video surveillance stuff which includes an Acer Orion 3000 gaming PC as the video hub. Was working fine with the 2960S stack, however, when connected to the MS125's, the port starts to flap, drop down in speed and eventually just disconnects. 

Tried different cables, no change. Reconnect to the 2960, link is fine. 

Upgraded to the latest drivers from Intel, no change. 

As an interim measure I put a TrendNET unmanaged switch between the MS and the PC and that stops the issue from happening. 

Anyone else ever experience this? 

8 Replies 8
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What speed does that machine need to run at?  I’ve had issues with older devices wanting to run at 10Mbps.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
OVERKILL
Building a reputation

Probably 100Mbit, but it SHOULD work properly on Auto Negotiate. It initially links at Gig-E, stays that way for a couple of minutes, then drops down to 100Mbit, stays that way for a bit, then flaps some more, dropping to 10Mbit and then just flaps like crazy losing the link. 

Connect it to the 2960S, it links at Gig-E and is rock solid, same with the unmanaged TrendNET switch. 

RWelch
Building a reputation

What firmware are the MS125s running?

OVERKILL
Building a reputation

The latest, 16.9. 

RWelch
Building a reputation

Have you tried a different SFP+ module?

OVERKILL
Building a reputation

The SFP+ is just the connection to the other MS125, the computer is connected directly via ethernet. I tried multiple ports and cables, same behaviour. As I noted in the OP, works fine on a 2960 or a cheap unmanaged switch. 

RWelch
Building a reputation

I am not familiar with this NIC but it might be worth checking the MTU size?

OVERKILL
Building a reputation

MTU is 1500, should be fine. Jumbo frames are disabled. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels