MS220-8P switch and support contract

SOLVED
Tigers
Getting noticed

MS220-8P switch and support contract

Gudday all

I have just received a renewal licence contract for support for our Meraki equipment.

Amongst it is a MS220-8P switch. Some research shows that this switch seems to be just(?) an 8-port PoE switch.

I eventually found this switch under a desk providing a few ports for laptops and  a printer, no WAPs.

Does this switch require a support contract? What would the support contract give us?

From our licensing page the following information.

Tigers_0-1633384199087.png

If we did not renew the MS220-8P licence would it cease to work?

regards

Tim Knell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

As has been mentioned, every device in the network needs a license to work. If you don't apply a license for the MS220-8P then you have to remove it from the Network in the Meraki Dashboard. If you don't your Organisation will show that it is out of license compliance, and after 30 days the network will cease to pass traffic.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You're correct, the MS220-8P is an 8 port GigE switch.

It received an EOL notice in 2018 - https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/eol/meraki_eol_ms220-8.pdf

I believe last date of support is 2025.

As support is tied to licensing, and licenses are required for the devices to operate, you will need to purchase a license for the switch in order to continue using it.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

As has been mentioned, every device in the network needs a license to work. If you don't apply a license for the MS220-8P then you have to remove it from the Network in the Meraki Dashboard. If you don't your Organisation will show that it is out of license compliance, and after 30 days the network will cease to pass traffic.

Tigers
Getting noticed

Thanks Brash.

Now to decide if we need it.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels