MS130 Licenses

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS130 Licenses

Hi all,

What is the benefit of the Advanced License compared to the Enterprise License for the MS130 (non-X models)? Obviously, it's not Adaptive Policy or more OSPF routes like on the high-end models. Any idea or reference?

Have a great weekend, Karsten

7 Replies 7
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Great question. By Advanced Licence do you mean the Advantage licence ?

Even https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_MS_Subscription_Licensing doesn't provide any answers. 

All the features from the licence are only for the MS390 / C9300 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

no, really the legacy differentiation ENT vs. ADV:

KarstenI_0-1723816630880.png

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Haven't followed all the licence change ( and tbh I'm really lost in all the changes made in the past year... ) 

So there is ENT , ADV and Advantage ?

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

• Enterprise and Advance for the classical licensing
  • Essentials and Advantage for the new Subscription Licensing
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yeah, no idea...

I did join webinar a few weeks ago for some new MS features that by the sound of it were targeted towards the advance license only.

From memory one of them was the smart packet capture features.

I may well be wrong though.

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

I don't believe there is any for regular MS130s, it just exists because they simplified the number of licensing SKUs. I can see how it would be confusing during the sales process

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Advanced / Advantage licences don't hold any meaning for the majority of MS switches;   they don't support the Adv features.   MS130 is the only exception;   130X and 130R have Adaptive Policy capabilities.   The traditional SKUs for co-termination / PDL licences for all the older MS models hold a clue;   these are all Ent only.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels