Just wondering if anyone has seen this issue before? I have a user who usually works off of the wireless which hands out an address on the LAN (192.168.1.0/24). For one reason or another, he was not able to connect to the wireless so we have patched him temporarily.
Upon patching we found that he was getting a random private address not associated with any VLAN on the corporate network. Initially, I thought that the issue could be local and had the user show me that there was no static IP's on the network adapters of the PC. Normal ipconfig/release && ipconfig/renew had no effect.
I have assigned him a static IP temporarily so he can work, but I still see the switch trying to hand out a 192.168.45.0 address.
Solved! Go to Solution.
@peterwarwick I suggest you setup the below alert within your dashboard.
You can also lock down your network to known authorized DHCP servers only, completely preventing rogues from ever happening.