MS120 MAC Address/Port Table Incorrect

Solved
Crocker
Building a reputation

MS120 MAC Address/Port Table Incorrect

I've got an MS120 telling me it sees a MAC address on Port 57 (which is actually on port 9). Several other entries are supposedly on ports 52-54 as well.

Thing is, this thing only has 48 ethernet ports + 4 SFP slots. None of the SFP slots are in use.

Something buggy with the dashboard today?

EDIT: This is happening on at least four different MS120's at separate locations. Neato.

1 Accepted Solution
Crocker
Building a reputation

Got an update on my ticket yesterday that this issue has been resolved. After spot checking a few of my MS120's, it looks like this has been addressed.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What version are you running? Have you opened a support case?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Crocker
Building a reputation

14.33.1, no support case just yet.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There are a lot of known issues with this version. I can try to update to the last stable version.

KNOWN ISSUES

• Stacks with a large number of LACP bundles (10+) may fail to initialize stack ports properly requiring additional reboots to regain connectivity
  • MA-SFP-1GB-TX modules may fail to be detected after link loss (always present)
  • Port modules may show incorrect information due to incorrectly reading CDP information
  • Stack members may go offline after a stacking cable is reconnected requiring a power cycle (present since MS 12)
  • MS120 in rare instances will not be able to perform packet captures until rebooted (predates MS 12.28)
  • MS210/250 series switches may fail to relearn client MACs on ports that have access policies configured (present since MS 12)
  • Links being established on an MS120 can result in neighboring ports to flap (present since MS 11)
  • In very rare instances, MS120 series switches will reboot every 10 min (present since MS 12)
  • Enabling Combined Power on MS350/355 switches results in events being logged once per minute (present since MS 11)
  • Stack members are not being marked to update their configuration when changes are made on other members
  • mGig switches will have an amber light for all physical ports that do not negotiate to the highest supported speed. Dashboard will continue showing a light green status for all ports above 100Mbps. Example, MS355 switch ports will incorrectly show an amber light for 1G, 2.5G, and 5G, but will show a green light for 10G.
  • Cable test tool returns wrong pairs for 100Mbps connections (predates MS 12)
  • Broadcast types of traffic can leak into the Guest VLAN if a port that fails authentication has a Voice VLAN configured, and dashboard has a Guest VLAN defined (present since MS 11)
  • MS120s switch ports with MAB authentication may randomly deauthenticate clients. In order to resume client authentication on that port, a switch reboot is required (present since MS 12)
  • MS350-24X and MS355 series switches do not negotiate UPoE over LLDP correctly (predates MS 10)
  • Ports with an odd-numbered MTU value fail to initialize for MS120/125 series switches (predates MS 11)
  • When an SFP module is inserted/removed on MS420/425 series switches, BPDUs can be delayed leading to STP transitions in the network (predates MS 12)
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Same here. MS120-8P  

Clients are shown on port 49-53 despite having only 8+2 ports.  Running MS15.21.1 ( latest firmware ). 

We should open a ticket about this.

Crocker
Building a reputation

Thanks for confirming it's not just something weird that only we are seeing. I've opened a case with support. If any Meraki folks are haunting the forums and want to take a look, this is case #09582507.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That's why I prefer the good old CLI.

Come on boomer.  Haha.  🙂

Crocker
Building a reputation

Had a little back and forth with support about rebooting switches and updating from MS14.X to MS15.X. Was able to show them a reboot has no effect, and that this issue is present on both flavors of MS software.

The MS team is aware of the problem and are looking into it.

Crocker
Building a reputation

Got an update on my ticket yesterday that this issue has been resolved. After spot checking a few of my MS120's, it looks like this has been addressed.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes. Also resolved on my side.

dm-eagle
New here

I see this often on my MS225s

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels