cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MS120-48P switch always hang

Here to help

MS120-48P switch always hang

Hi, one of our MS120-48 poe switch keep hang (red light), after power cycle, it can run for a few hours , then hang again. Anyone can advise whether it is hardware issue, it is brand new one. Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES
Kind of a big deal

Re: MS120-48P switch always hang

I would open a case with support and get it swapped out.
Getting noticed

Have you updated the firmware of that switch while it is active ?

Head in the Cloud

Is the LED red while the switch is running okay? Or is it changing to red when it hangs?

Here to help

After hang, the led change to red. Need to update the firmware? now the version is 10.44. 

Head in the Cloud

10.44 is the current stable. You could try the current Beta which is 11.4 but I doubt it will help.

Getting the switch swapped out might indeed be the best way to go. Maybe there's a hardware issue with it. Especially if you have no problems with other switches.

Event log doesn't say anything about that particular switch right?

Getting noticed

MS 11.4 is the new beta, I agree with Phillip but why you wait on a replacement you can try this option :
Organization > Firmware upgrades > All networks at the top > Find your switch in the list and check the box > Click schedule updates > Choose the new beta version

I agree with Phillip but why you wait on a replacement you can try this option
Here to help

yes, event log nothing, only stp info, but it looks not related. I will try beta version, most probably it is hardware issue because another switches same version but running well. 

Labels