MS120-48P switch always hang

Qing
Getting noticed

MS120-48P switch always hang

Hi, one of our MS120-48 poe switch keep hang (red light), after power cycle, it can run for a few hours , then hang again. Anyone can advise whether it is hardware issue, it is brand new one. Thanks in advance. 

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would open a case with support and get it swapped out.
Cmiller
Building a reputation

Have you updated the firmware of that switch while it is active ?

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

Is the LED red while the switch is running okay? Or is it changing to red when it hangs?

After hang, the led change to red. Need to update the firmware? now the version is 10.44. 

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

10.44 is the current stable. You could try the current Beta which is 11.4 but I doubt it will help.

Getting the switch swapped out might indeed be the best way to go. Maybe there's a hardware issue with it. Especially if you have no problems with other switches.

Event log doesn't say anything about that particular switch right?

yes, event log nothing, only stp info, but it looks not related. I will try beta version, most probably it is hardware issue because another switches same version but running well. 

Cmiller
Building a reputation

MS 11.4 is the new beta, I agree with Phillip but why you wait on a replacement you can try this option :
Organization > Firmware upgrades > All networks at the top > Find your switch in the list and check the box > Click schedule updates > Choose the new beta version

I agree with Phillip but why you wait on a replacement you can try this option
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels