MS120-24P was claimed but does not appear in Meraki Dashboard

Solved
yolactv
New here

MS120-24P was claimed but does not appear in Meraki Dashboard

Hi, does anyone already encountered a problem with Meraki MS120-24P switch? we have purchased additional switch and were able to claim it successfully but we are unable to configure it as the IP configuration interface is not showing in the Dashboard. 

1 Accepted Solution

I know the reason now! our vendor forgot to remove them to their inventory that is why we cannot see it! lol.. Thank you for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @yolactv , are you able to configure the device via the Management interface on the device?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

This one is not showingThis one is not showing

the above picture is not showing that is why I cannot proceed with the configuration of the switch...

Unfortunately no. I was able to claim it but the problem is the page where you supposed to configure the IP, Subnet, Gateway etc... are not showing on the Dashboard... other switches are fine aside from this one. This is a new switch. Already tried to hard reset but still nothing happened.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @yolactv , are you able to physically connect to the back of the switch’s management port?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

That one, I haven't done it yet. But I will try.

I tried to connect at the back and use both, LAN to LAN and LAN to USB connection but I did not receive any response. 

Are we able to access meraki from putty through serial connection?

I know your initial problem was resolved, but since you asked, you won't be able to console into any Meraki hardware. Local WebGUI (limited) and Dashboard only.

I know the reason now! our vendor forgot to remove them to their inventory that is why we cannot see it! lol.. Thank you for your help 🙂

Glad you were able to get it squared away!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels