MS 12.29 release available

SOLVED
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MS 12.29 release available

Finally fixes ARP entry timing out when still in use:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tested with 9800s & MS425... no CAPWAP drops since upgrade!

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Finally:

BUG FIXES

• ARP entry on L3 switch can expire despite still being in use (predates MS 10.x

That one was knocking out a clients Wifi network on a legacy Cisco WLC cluster

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Installed on a single MS210-48P and a MS120-8P this morning, no issues so far...

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Could you place a Cisco WLC on your network and let me know if it kills the wifi every 24 hours 

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think the WLCs have all gone to the tip WEEE recycling agent now... 🤣

Tested with 9800s & MS425... no CAPWAP drops since upgrade!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Fastburner was that to 12.29 or 12.30?

12.29. Haven't upgraded to 12.30. I'm sure Meraki support will upgrade to 12.29 if you phone in.

sebas
Getting noticed

finally !

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What issue were you hitting @sebas ?

sebas
Getting noticed

We use a MS250 stack with MS250 access switches.

The stack is connected to a pair of ASR routers and a HA pair of MX's. 

It was a long time ago, but we had some strange issues when on a occasion switches rebooted cause of a power failure. The stack remained up due to a connected UPS but the clients could not get connectivity once the access switches finished booting, 

Can't give the details anymore but i remember support pointing out to this issue. 

So we've stayed at 10.45. 

sebas
Getting noticed

and removed again... because of issues or 12.30 ?

Because when i check the release notes of 12.30 the fixes of 12.29 are not displayed ?

sebas
Getting noticed

12.29 and 12.30 are removed.. 

beta only shows 14 now 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@sebas in Meraki world there is always* only one stable firmware version, up to one stable release candidate and one beta.  Hence with 14.5 arriving as beta and neither 12.29 not 12.30 having been popular enough to make it to stable release candidate, they both disappear.

* If there are different currently supported hardware models that do not all support the same firmware train then you may see two in one section.  A current case in point is the MR firmware where 802.11ac wave 2 and newer devices use 27.x, whereas older devices use 26.x

sebas
Getting noticed

tnx for the explanation.

I do find this hard to accept, i want to run stable only and 12.30 contained the fix we wanted.

New versions with features always contain bugs and now we have to wait longer until we get a stable version with the fix we want.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@sebas speak to support, they should be able to install one of those versions for you.

adiradu80
Just browsing

Hi all,

Does anyone know if Loop detection and MAC Flap Detection only detects (and log, does it log this events, right ?) or can also mitigate/prevent such actions ? 

Thank you 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels