MA-SFP-10GB-LRM compatibility with MS125

peca89
Just browsing

MA-SFP-10GB-LRM compatibility with MS125

Is there any reason why this LRM transceiver is not compatible with MS125.

sfp.JPG

MS125 is not listed in compatibility page and I couldn't understand why is this the only switch with SFP+ ports that does not support LRM transceivers. Also, compatibility list for LRM transceiver is different whether MMF or SMF is used. What difference does it make on this transceivers electrical side ?! Maybe power consumption...

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't know the answer.

I'm surprised.  I don't know if I would even have checked the chart of this case.  I would have expected it to "just work".

Perhaps raise a case with your local Meraki rep or Meraki support.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@peca89 if it isn't an error, I think you'd be right that it is a power issue, the ER module is only supported with a lower ambient temperature than the SR modules and the LRM isn't supported at all.  As power usage in the module generates heat this makes sense.  However, though the ER module does use 50% more power than the SR, the LRM seems to use the same as the SR so really not sure!

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

I double-checked this one with the PM team;  the sheet is correct - the PHY requirements of that plug-in can't be met by MS125

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels