Layer 3 routed interface

SOLVED
ccraddock
Here to help

Layer 3 routed interface

Dear Community,

I am still kind of new to Meraki to please forgive my ignorance. I am trying to figure out how I can make a single switchport into a Layer 3 routed port, similar to using the "no switchport" command on a catalyst device. I have successfully created several Layer 3 routed SVI's in the Routing&DHCP section with assigned VLAN's but am not able to see how I can assign an IP address to a single switchport. Is this possible? Or do I have to create a VLAN SVI and then assign only that one switchport to that VLAN?

I checked under the L3 tab of the actual switchport in question but didnt see anywhere to actually assign an IP address to that individual switchport.

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

The closest you can get is to create an SVI, and then assign only a single port to that VLAN (as you suggested). 

Routed ports are not supported on the MS line.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

The closest you can get is to create an SVI, and then assign only a single port to that VLAN (as you suggested). 

Routed ports are not supported on the MS line.

@jdsilva ,

Thanks for the reply and the answer. I really appreciate it! 

Hi,

I´d like to ask a question regarding to this! Is there anyhting else what should be considered when using this? e.g. BPDU-Filter or BPDU-Guard on the used ports on each side or other STP related topics to avoid possible Loops?

Is this also a Meraki suggested solution with official documentation?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels