Interface STP status

SOLVED
fjulianom
Getting noticed

Interface STP status

Hi guys,

My doubt is simple, how can I see the STP status of interfaces on Meraki switches? I can see if STP is enabled or disabled on the interface, but I can't see if the interface is in forwarding or blocking state. Is there anyway?

Regards,

Julián

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hi fjulianom,

You can tell if it's forwarding or blocking by the switch port icon shown on the visual depiction of the switch. If it's forwarding it will show nothing. If it's blocking it'll have a circle with a line through it.  This page shows all the symbols you may see:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Switch_Port_View

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Hi fjulianom,

You can tell if it's forwarding or blocking by the switch port icon shown on the visual depiction of the switch. If it's forwarding it will show nothing. If it's blocking it'll have a circle with a line through it.  This page shows all the symbols you may see:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Switch_Port_View

Hope that helps!

Hi jdsilva,

Thanks for the explanation and the link. I have also realized the forwarding/blocking is only shown when the port is up, and if the port is down you can only see if STP is enabled/disabled (which is obvius and I didn't realized before when I open this post). Now I have selected an interface which is up and I can see it is in forwarding state:

stp_interface_status.JPG 

This is also stated in the link you provided:

stp_interface_status_2.JPG

Thanks again,

Julián

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Its marked with an arrow when in forwarding status.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-06 um 11.12.33.png

Hi,

It is weird, I can see some interfaces with an arrow and some without, and all of them are in forwarding state:

stp_interface_status_3.JPG

Regards,

Julián

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

The arrow indicates that the interface is being used for the uplink to Dashboard. It is not an indicator of STP status. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

Hi,

Yeah, according to my switch ports that's correct.

Regards,

Julián

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels