Inter-VLAN Routing

Solved
NC_Chris
Here to help

Inter-VLAN Routing

I thought MS120, MS210, MS225 since they are all L2 switches they cannot do inter-vlan routing.  After one of our architects was saying it can do static routes so it has to be able to do inter-vlan routing.  These 3 switches cannot do inter-vlan routing and must use a L3 switch, MX, or router for the inter-vlan routing right?

I know dumb question but not I'm heavily second guessing myself. 

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@NC_Chris We have a stack of MS210s at our HQ with 16 VLAN interfaces and they route just fine, we also have added a static route.  The only things that they cannot do is run a DHCP server or participate in dynamic routing.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @NC_Chris 

You can't do static routing on the MS120's but you can on the MS210 and MS225's.  Whilst you can create L3 interfaces you can't undertake L3 routing on them.

I would opt to utilise a L3 switch or MX to undertake the inter-lan routing.  

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@NC_Chris We have a stack of MS210s at our HQ with 16 VLAN interfaces and they route just fine, we also have added a static route.  The only things that they cannot do is run a DHCP server or participate in dynamic routing.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels