I am having trouble ping across a 40G wave ckt to a Cisco Nexus 9336. New so not sure if I missed s

Edd
Comes here often

I am having trouble ping across a 40G wave ckt to a Cisco Nexus 9336. New so not sure if I missed s

These have just been introduced into the network.  The Meraki 390 is set up and at the moment has a dhcp address. I can ping from the Meraki to its def gtwy with no issues and other devices that are downstream of the switch.  The Nexus 9336 is on the other side of the 40G circuit and though cdp neighbor does show it connected I can't ping the switch.  I ham wondering if the Meraki may be missing something or the switch.  Though I am more comfortable on the switch.

1 Reply 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So the MS390 can ping through the Nexus and get to devices on the other side of it?

I'm guessing the interfaces for the Nexus and the MX390 are not in the same VLAN.  Other guesses are that you are pinging from the wrong VRF on the Nexus.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels