How to delete a Dashboard admin?

SOLVED
fjulianom
Getting noticed

How to delete a Dashboard admin?

Hi guys,

I am having problems to delete some dashboard administrators. The dashboard says they cannot be deleted because they are dashboard admins:

dashboard_admin_delete.JPG

The documentation says this is possible from the Organization > Administrators:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Managing_Dashboard_Access/Managing_Dashboar...

I am trying to delete these accounts from the Users page, because I have no option from the Administration page like the documentation says:

dashboard_admin_delete_2.JPG

How can I delete these accounts?

Regards,

Julián

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

It may be that your account doesn't have full administrator permissions.  You should have an 'Organization' option on the left like this.

Capture.PNG

To clarify, I believe your account needs 'Organization' permissions to be able to delete Administrators.  Otherwise you were just likely setup as an Admin of your network which won't give you Organizational powers like add/remove admins.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Try going to Organization>Administrators to remove them. Looks like you may have been in Network Wide>Users

fjulianom
Getting noticed

Hi Adam,

You are right. I am sorry but I am very new with Meraki, this is what I see:

dashboard_admin_delete_3.jpg

How can I go to Organization?

Regards,

Julián

Adam
Kind of a big deal

It may be that your account doesn't have full administrator permissions.  You should have an 'Organization' option on the left like this.

Capture.PNG

To clarify, I believe your account needs 'Organization' permissions to be able to delete Administrators.  Otherwise you were just likely setup as an Admin of your network which won't give you Organizational powers like add/remove admins.  

fjulianom
Getting noticed

Hi Adam,

That should be the reason. I will check.

Many thanks,

Julián

fjulianom
Getting noticed

Hi Adam,

Just to say I have confirmed my problem was an account without full privileges as you said. After using another one with full privileges I saw the Organization option and was able to delete the accounts. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Julián

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Glad you were able to get it resolved 🙂

Adoos
Building a reputation

Any tips on deleting SAML/SSO users? 

Adam
Kind of a big deal

I believe SAML/SSO users would have to be removed from the source directory.  For example, if you were linking your AD group "Meraki Admins" to Meraki.  You'd need to disable that user in AD or remove them from that "Meraki Admins" group.  I don't believe you can manage that on the Meraki dashboard side of things since it is just a link. 

Nasser-ps
Comes here often

Simply visit Organizations>Administrators, then check the admin you wish to delete, then press delete button.

Note: You should have full permission, otherwise you will not be able to see the Administration tab to proceed with deletion. 

HarunK
Comes here often

Hello Team, how can I delete my Meraki local account? 

This is the email address that I used to register with - Harun.Harun@dimensiondata.com

I need the email account deleted so that I can be able to access my company Meraki dashboard through https://www.office.com/?auth=2 

HarunK
Comes here often

Hello Team,

How can I delete my Meraki local account? 

This is the email address that I used to register with - Harun.Harun@dimensiondata.com

I need the email account deleted so that I can be able to access my company Meraki dashboard through https://www.office.com/?auth=2 

Amit_pal
Getting noticed

HarunK
Comes here often

Good day, Amit_Pal

I cannot even get on the dashboard. who can I contact to deactivate the account with elevated rights so that I can be able to access the Dimension Data Meraki dashboard for my organization. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels