How to create Vlan L2 on MS250?

Solved
MauroF
Here to help

How to create Vlan L2 on MS250?

Hi,

is there a way to create a L2 vlan on the meraki switch? i mean,the classic "conf t, vlan 10" on Cisco switches.

I have a third party firewall connected to my MS250 which is my core. Im trying to understand how to configure it to create the layer 2 toward my access-switches (MS 120).

I suppose i need to configure a TRUNK in the upstream uplink but how can i tag the vlan L2 in there if i havent configured them?

Thanks.

M

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

VLAN's don't need to be created on the switch. To assign certain VLAN's to different ports on the MS go to Switch> Switch Ports> Click on the port. Change the Type to your desired (Trunk, Access) and then tag the VLAN appropriately.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You dont have to create them like in classic cisco.

You can just assign them to ports.

So access port, vlan 10

Or trunk port  native x, allowed vlans (tagged) 10

MauroF
Here to help

Thanks for the explanation mate!

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

VLAN's don't need to be created on the switch. To assign certain VLAN's to different ports on the MS go to Switch> Switch Ports> Click on the port. Change the Type to your desired (Trunk, Access) and then tag the VLAN appropriately.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels