Hardened Switches

TimothyS
Here to help

Hardened Switches

I need to put a switch in an enclosure outside in a monument. I live in Sacramento and it can get down to 25 °F and up to 110°F. Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The industrial Ethernet switches do sound like a good fit for this.

Otherwise, you'll need to get a climate-controlled cabinet.  Something like this:

https://www.blackbox.com/en-us/products/black-box-brand-products/cabinets-racks-enclosures/climate-c... 

@TimothyS also get your design and use case to your local Meraki team so it can be added to the request.  I'm not hinting Meraki is developing a ruggedized switch, but I've been in those discussions and want to make a strong case even stronger to expand the MS product line in that IE direction as well. Please have your Meraki SE relay the project info to MS PM. 

Since September 2020, did the need to produce an Industrial Ethernet Switch within the Meraki family gain enough customer interest to make a product roadmap?  If so, when might it be available Alpha, Beta, GA?

Dunky
A model citizen

I would also be interested as we have a number of projects in the pipeline to replace existing LANs with Meraki in production environments.  Many of the switches sit in panels with PLC's etc and the environment can be very hot and dirty.  Meraki Industrial switches would allow is to go Meraki throughout rather than having to look at hybrid solutions with all the admin woes that brings.

The prospect of an Industrial Ethernet Switch within the Meraki family sounds promising! For a comprehensive approach to developing and communicating product roadmaps, check out this resource that offers valuable insights and tips: https://www.cleveroad.com/blog/how-to-build-a-product-roadmap/

EdA
New here

We would certainly be interested. Our use case is ITS (traffic signal control.) We have thousands of intersections and are looking at a DMVPN solution with a competitors hardware due to it being able to take the heat of S FL in addition to cost, size and availability. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels