End of Life switches

Solved
Adrian4
Head in the Cloud

End of Life switches

Hello,

Looks like Meraki have announced the MS250, Ms350 and MS355 models are end of life. I had a look on the website to see what to replace them with and couldn't really find anything?

Am I missing something or have Meraki not released the next gen yet?

1 Accepted Solution
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Different models from the Catalyst 9300-M line are the replacements.

KarstenI_0-1725546249592.jpeg

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Different models from the Catalyst 9300-M line are the replacements.

KarstenI_0-1725546249592.jpeg

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

End of sale is 1 year away and end of support is 2030 so if they work fine i would keep them. Unless 9300 hw+lic is cheaper

Adrian4
Head in the Cloud

cheers, this isn't for replacements but more for new purchases.

I know they say they will support it through to 2030 but we have older models they said would be supported through to 2027 and we are already seeing a drop off in compatibility with new firmware.

I assume they just haven't released the replacement models yet and will probably do so before this lot are end of life in a year? 

Replacements as noted above are the recommendations for a like for like switch moving forward. So, C9300 (whatever submodel) is the path forward. 

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Support and new firmware is not the same.

When a platform is end of sale at some point those devices won't receive any new major software releases with new feature.  It does however receive minor updates, patching bugs and security holes.

For example the MX84 has been end of sale a while now and only recently it stopped at the MX18.1xx software train.  There are still minor updates to 18.107.10 but no major new software releases for these platforms.

The issue is that original Meraki hardware doesn't have the chip capacity for what's in store for the next features and the Catalyst line of switches do.

At this time I would already start looking at the refresh and feature strategy your company wants to go for and steer new purchases accordingly.

The C9300-M range should at this time be (with current discounts) around the MS250 mark anyway.

Adrian4
Head in the Cloud

cheers!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Be aware that that C9300X-Ms have some missing features at the moment, despite the underlying hardware being more powerful.  With regard to the pricing we found them to be quite a bit cheaper than MS355Xs for the core switch, but if you need to add modules then the price is closer.  A future software rewrite is planned to fix this, but I'm surprised that they have EoLed the MS switches before it is out.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels