Deleting a switch stack

SimonReach
Getting noticed

Deleting a switch stack

Hi everyone,

Hopefully a very quick question.  We've got 2 switches working on our network and we need to move the switch to another network, which is no drama.  We've removed the switch from the physical stack but is it as simple as deleting the stack on the dashboard, will that remove any of the configuration on the remaining switch?

4 Replies 4
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Deleting a device from the dashboard doesn't remove configuration from it. It would need to be factory reset in order for that to occur.

If you're moving switches between networks in the same organisation, it's easier to simply use the move functionality.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Moving_Devices_between...

Wonderful, so deleting the stack, which now only contains the 1 switch that's still plugged in, won't cause any connectivity or configuration issues?

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That I'm not too sure as I've never tested it.

I suspect there will be at least some reprogramming of the switch and therefore likely a halt in processing packets.

That works fine.  Delete away.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels