Dashboard API - static routes

diablo24
Building a reputation

Dashboard API - static routes

HI,

I've created an L3 interface with a static route on a switch (MS350). However, when I call the API:

https://dashboard.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/[networkId]/staticRoutes

it returns:

{
    "errors": [
        "combined networks do not have static routes"
    ]
}

What does that error msg mean? Is there something I need to configured in order to see the static routes configured?

Thanks in advance,

Jerome

4 REPLIES 4
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Double check but that function may be meant to return static routes from an MX appliance configuration, perhaps not a switch network or a combined network, meaning you have multiple locales like security, switching, wireless in the same dashboard as a "combined" network.  I haven't tried grabbing static routes off a L3 switch via API, will give it a try when time permits, but double check with Support to confirm the proper use of the API call.

DCooper
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Do you have other hardware in this network or is it just a switch?

I am going to  assume you have a combined network per the error :), this API call will not work in a combined network. In a combined network we have individual network ID's for each product, unfortunately we do not give you access to these yet. You will need to call into support with your passcode of the day and ask for the unique switch network ID number. They will send it to you so you can replace it to look something like this https://dashboard.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/N_60854889964xxxxxxx/ <- which is the unique switch ID inside the combined that you will now have access to adding a static route.

diablo24
Building a reputation

@MerakiDave  - Thanks I contacted support as you suggested.

@DCooper- Thank you. Interesting... I only have one network configured with multiple devices. However, I'll try what you suggested and get a unique ID for the switch. That's why I was a bit confused with that msg saying 'combined' network.

diablo24
Building a reputation

@MerakiDave  - Thanks I contacted support as you suggested.

@DCooper- Thank you. Interesting... I only have one network configured with multiple devices. However, I'll try what you suggested and get a unique ID for the switch. That's why I was a bit confused with that message saying 'combined' network.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels